Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goal revisions

So, I’m like the King of setting goals to keep me focused. For this challenge I had set a goal of doing 500 pushups/air squats/mountain climbers 5 days a week. Why? Well, I am a stay at home Dad, home school two of our 4 children and am finishing my BS Degree in Psychology online. This means I spend a lot of time on the computer and I was worried about becoming to sedentary. However, after a few days I have decided to revise my goal to doing 500 of only ONE of the three exercises instead of trying to do all three. 1500 reps of any exercise is rough, but doing that 5 days a week on top of normal cardio and strength training is borderline overdoing it I fear.
So, new plan is this: twice a week I will do 500 pushups.  Twice a week I will do 500 air squats and twice a week I will do 500 mountain climbers. This will give me a total of 1000  reps each week of each exercise…I can ‘live ‘with and achieve this goal without overdoing it : )
This is of course on top of everything else I do!!!
~God Bless~
~Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment