Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 3

                  Yesterday was another AWESOME day in BFL land other than I was SOOO tired! I’m not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I have had the worse time falling asleep! I’m either having to get up and go to the bathroom due to ALL the water I’ve been drinking or my mind is racing with a thousand different exercises-food combos and anything else BFL related : )

  Anyhow, I’ve ended up with only 4-5 hours of sleep the last 3 nights…last night I actually got 6 , but had to sleep a little later to get that! Either way….yesterday it caught up with me= the upper body workout (chest-back) on Saturday and then the killer Cardio on Sunday (with no sleep) come yesterday (with no sleep) I did not feel like I could move! My whole body was ONE BIG sore muscle : ) That being said…I pushed through and Jen and I did our Biceps and Triceps! It ended up being a wonderful workout and I am glad I did not give in to the tiredness and fatigue!
   
    I am really big on setting weekly goals…Jen usually says that I sometimes set unrealistic goals, but I am very goal driven. We set our first week weight goal on Sunday and on day 3 we are already only 1 pound from meeting it!!! That weight loss is a far second in comparison to how we both are feeling though! One of the biggest joys is sitting and watching our children eating healthy again! The last few meals the kids said, “Wow, this is SOOO good,” they have missed eating healthy as much as we have. They don’t have the choice like we do, it’s my responsibility to make sure there is healthy-nutritious food for the kids and NOW there is and they are LOVIN IT!!! Every choice-every decision trickles down through the family---I’m glad I’m making healthy ones now! My kids deserve the BEST!



So, last night when I couldn’t sleep I was thinking, this is going to be the GREATEST Challenge Ever!!! Jen and I have tried this SOOO many times and have never ever succeeded in completing 12 weeks. I was trying to figure out why and go over the patterns in my head so as to not allow the same thing to happen and I have figured out that we were NEVER truly ready mentally. I would be ready and she wouldn’t or vice versa. It was always some type of mental block and then this year we actually were ready and at a point in our life to succeed when the physical aspect finally got in the way. Her pregnancy complications and broke toe, shoulder and knee injury on my part…crazy! Now…we are injury free for the most part AND mentally READY!!! We have ALL the resources we need, the best support team and NO Excuses!!!



~Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment