Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 10

One thing I have learned through my times of trying to get fit is to prepare for the unexpected cause the unexpected is bound to happen at times. Today was one of those times…we had planned on hitting the Y this afternoon, but time did not permit. So, we improvised and did cardio at home. Actually got in a great workout and felt great! I made up my own hybrid version of the Body-for-Life HIIT cardio plan and it worked well! I seem to be leaning out pretty quick this time for some reason…we have done MANY challenges, but never finished one, and it usually takes weeks to see results.
This time though I think slowing down and actually doing it ‘close’ to the designed plan is working. I always tend to ‘overdo’ things in my life and training has not been exempt. I always tended to over-train…I would lift weights nearly every day AND do tons of cardio! I think this is one of the many reasons I never finished a challenge…BURN OUT! Well, not this time…I am taking it slow and listening to my body. I WILL push my limits and I WILL push the intensity, but I will not over do it. This has to be something that is sustainable for life…and cardio and weights EVERDAY is just too much…I realize that now.
So, when the unexpected happens like today…I roll with it knowing tomorrow is a new day…results will come with proper training, plenty of rest and less stress!!!
Bring it!
~Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment