Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 51

            So we are ALL sick now!!! OMGoodness…last night was terrible. Poor Harvest kept throwing up and Jen and I were up all night trying to keep fluids and carbohydrates in her. She was sooo sad. The baby was sick, Hadassah was sick and this morning Joshua woke up sick! I finally went to sleep about 6:00am and slept for a couple of hours. Jen took Harvest to see her endocrinologists and she ended up hooked up to an I.V. all day, she is doing better now and is holding down fluids and her blood sugar is stable! I get sooo scared when she gets that way…it’s actually only happened twice where she’s been this sick. At least she’s doing better.
             Now we are working with the baby and trying to get him to drink more fluids.  
Joshua seems a bit better and I and Jen are sick, but manageable. I feel like I got ran over by a freight train! I don’t ever get sick and this virus has hit us ALL hard and fast! Jen and I couldn’t eat anything this morning and finally ate a little tonight…hoping it will stay down!
I think that sleep, sleep and more sleep is what I need right now! I am so exhausted and frustrated about this whole Body-for-Life challenge. Seems like everything that could go wrong is…One thing about it though, I am still the MOST BLESSED man on this earth!!! I have the most wonderful and beautiful wife who has given me 4 of the most wonderful children a man could ever desire! I lay there last night staring at Harvest (All 4 children slept in our room last night) and I thought back to the day she went into the diabetic comma and we prayed that she would survive! That was THE WORSE day of my life, but God saved her and gave her back to us! I am so thankful… and give God ALL the Glory!!! If I have to spend every night awake in order to care for my family it would be a sacrifice worth giving over and over again!
Go hug your babies~
~Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment