Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 50


Today has been rough to say the least! This morning went really well and we got in some exercise, but tonight seems like the flood gates of stress were opened! Jen and I are both sitting at laptops trying to catch up our missed school work when Joshua walks in and tells me he cut his finger on his new pocket knife. I take one look and just know he needs stitches. Jen says she’ll take him to the emergency room and heads out the door. I start feeding the baby when Harvest tells me she doesn’t feel very well. I assure her she’ll be fine and she tells me she has to throw up. I inform her that she needs to go to the bathroom if she doesn’t feel well and she heads to the restroom. About that time I look up and Nehemiah starts throwing up all over the highchair. I grab him up just in time to go check on Harvest as she begins to throw up…needless to say it was the beginning of what is still a pretty rough night! Harvest threw up 4 times and the baby 3. I think they have a stomach bug as Jennifer and I both have felt nausea also.
Harvest is our biggest concern as she has Type 1 diabetes. If she can’t keep anything down then her blood sugar will drop to low. She is asleep right now and her sugar is stable. She has kept down some soup for two hours now so I hope she is ok now! The baby is fine and I think his could actually be from teething.
Anyway…I hope the rest of the night is better than the last few hours. Either way I’ll be up most of the night keeping an eye on Harvest!

The joys of parenthood!!! : )
~Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment