Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 27

Today the sun finally came out for a little while and Jen came home early, but came home due to being sick! She had some coffee and rested a little and seemed to feel somewhat better. I HATE when the kids and her are sick, it just brings a dread and miserable feeling…the sunshine did help though! We ended up getting in an AMAZING workout this afternoon and I mean off the charts amazing!!! We decided to go ahead and try our FIRST official Crossfit WOD…today’s WOD was called ‘Lumberjack 20’ it consist of the following:
20 Deadlifts (275lbs)
Run 400m
20 KB swings (2pood)
Run 400m
20 Overhead Squats (115lbs)
Run 400m
20 Burpees
Run 400m
20 Pullups (Chest to Bar)
Run 400m
20 Box jumps (24")
Run 400m
20 DB Squat Cleans (45lbs each)
Run 400m
We had to make a few adjustments due to equipment and ability circumstances. Joshua scaled down to 10 instead of 20 and Jen scaled to 15. They deadlifted 65lbs and I did 85lbs. They did 15lb dumbbell swing, while I did 35lb. They did a small ‘weighted’ bar for overhead squats, while I did 65lbs. We all did ‘assisted’ pull-ups and they used 10lb for DB squat cleans and I used 20lbs. It was the most intense, incredible workout I have ever done, bar none!!!
I thought I was going to puke, Jen thought she was going to pass out and Joshua was breathing heavier than I have ever seen him breath! We each finished under 30 minutes and now…after the fact, feel incredible…it truly builds confidence! I can’t believe that Jen made it through based upon how sick she had felt earlier…she said, “maybe crossfit fixed me : )”

To find out why it’s called the Lumberjack WOD and why it means so much to us and others click here.
We look forward to our next WOD that we can muster up the guts and find the equipment to do!!! We have another busy day planned for tomorrow…sooooo…
Good night!
~Rob

2 comments:

  1. Shalom Rob & Jen, I read your 'about Me' section and one of your posts.

    Check out this link: www.hacres.com you may find some interesting things there that may help.

    Shalom-(and all the best to you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalom to you to Brother and thinks for the link!!!

    ~Rob

    ReplyDelete