Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 21....Three weeks down!

So day 21 today…THREE whole weeks into our Body-for-Life challenge and feeling absolutely wonderful!!! Truly so blessed to be doing this and for all the new and wonderful friends we are making!
Last night a friend gave me a pair of Military Revision sun glasses and I was trying them on when Joshua took a picture of me. I was looking at it today and it really put things in perspective for me…I can see a lot of physical changes and in ONLY three weeks. The physical changes though can’t come close to how I feel on the inside. I’m learning to relax and enjoy the journey. I’ve laid down the alcohol and decided to believe in myself! I’m giving my best and I think my best is going to actually be enough for once!
And my wife…Oh my Goodness…she is my hero and totally amazing! She yells, cusses and screams at me most every WOD we do, but and a BIG but…she does it!!! She pulls it together somewhere between round 2 and 5 and blows it out of the water and she is melting before my eyes!!! Sooo AMAZING! We are going to do this and I hope and pray we actually WIN this 2011 year Body-for-Life couples challenge!!! What an amazing end to a long, fought journey that would be : ))) And truly…not an end, but a beginning!
Picture from last night..one on left is day 1 three weeks ago and the other is from last night

Many blessings!
~Rob

1 comment:

  1. YOu hit it with this "The physical changes though can’t come close to how I feel on the inside."
    Just you wait until that last workout on day 84. You both are going to feel a "presence" in the room. It is the best feeling ever to promise yourself 84 days, and actually make it through for yourself. It is easy as parents to give to the kids, but to remember to give to each other as husband and wife, support each others dreams and also give to yourself ...well, you will see what I mean in 9 more weeks!!
    Rob - good grief - stellar results already. You will be solid by the end of your challenge! Be strong this weekend and walk away from your triggers. Kind of like seperating the men from the boys when a street fight is brewing .... real men walk away. That street fight will be those old voices in your head starting to rumble ... take the high road. :)
    Jen - you are an amazing mother from what I see and now throwing in some iron overhead! BOOM! So nice to see you engaged with what you 2 men are digging. You are well on your way to reaching your goals and finding that inner girl/mom/wife strength we all need as women. ;)
    I'm rooting for you - and remember - you already ARE winners and champions.

    ReplyDelete