Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 66

Today we got a bit of a late start due to a late night. We got in another GREAT workout!!! I LOVE the CrossFit WODS and CrossFit style workouts we do!!! Being able to spend 20-30 minutes a day and get a great strength and cardiovascular workout (at the same time)is amazing!!! I Love the intensity and it fits so well with our Body-for-Life challenge.
Today’s WOD was 4 rounds for time of 800 meter run/10 reps of push-press/20 reps of air squats/30 reps of sit-ups…I did it in 23:30.3 Jen had a finish time of 32:02.5 and Joshua did a 29:31.8 time! I went last and as soon as did my last sit-up and Jen hit the stop watch I laid on the floor about to die!!! She smiled at me and said, “Enjoy.” I lay there a few minutes trying to catch my breath and her words kept going over and over in my head…enjoy. She was right though…for 23 minutes I felt like I could puke, pass out and die. I could have very easily quit, but I didn’t! I struggled through and gave it 110%...now, as I laid there on the floor it really was time to enjoy it.  There is NOTHING that comes close to that feeling of accomplishment after doing a WOD like that. The sense of triumph is unparallel and the physiological benefits of the body are amazing also when you hit intensity levels like that.  So, enjoy I did and enjoy I’ll continue to do!!!
I remember at the seminar one of the trainers telling us that Crossfit WODS suck while you’re doing them, but when it’s over…Oh yeah…no one can take that from you!!!
So for tonight I feel at rest and ease and as Jen left me lying there on the floor gasping for air I began to enjoy the rewards of my labor.
Enjoy!
~Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment