Thursday, March 24, 2011

return of the Smith's

So it’s been 21 days since my last post and it’s been a whirlwind ride to say the least : )After the ordeal with the Niacin I was so weak that I did relatively very little for a few days. I then woke up on about the 5th or 6th swollen with a rash all over my arms and back!
This lasted about 3 days and I still have no idea what caused it. Needless to say, I again did little activity, but eating was healthy.   
Fast forward to the 9th and Jen took 2 weeks leave and we headed
to Florida to visit family, friends and to see my daughter, whom I had not seen for 9 years!!! We had a wonderful time…
Jen and I ran a 5K in Pensacola Beach and HAD a BLAST!!! It was the first time in 4-5 years that we actually had a babysitter…we took full advantage of the time : )

I had a great plan for our time there that included taking TONS of grass-fed beef-buffalo and fruit…I also brought the TRX, dumbbells and Ab matt. We stayed in an apartment on base right beside the Bay… the plan was to continue our challenge, eat healthy and exercise daily. Well, the plan failed and failed miserably : ) My daughter, Johnnie, who was the main reason we went to Florida stayed in a town about 40 minutes away with her Grandmother. We had to get up early just to go see her and then drive her back at night…It was definitely worth it, but did make it difficult when trying to find healthy food options.

The family with Johnnie
Me and Johnnie


By day 3 I had completely given-up on the plan and we all just decided to stop worrying about it and just enjoy our time!!!
That being said…I ended up gaining ALL my weight that I had lost back and Jen also…she didn’t do quite as bad as me, but still…
Anyway, if Body-for-Life gives an award for the most challenges started…we are going to win hands down : ))))) Andddd, yes WE ARE Starting a Brand new Challenge!!!
Today is my birthday and I turned 42 years old…I have tried several times (to say the least) to complete a BFL challenge with no success…THIS TIME, I WILL!!! Jen and I both have all the tools, knowledge and support needed to have a successful challenge and we actually spent a lot of time discussing the challenge on our trip. We are both on the same page, both completely motivated and both have clear, reachable goals. We also have a plan for the money that we plan on winning through the challenge…She has a family member who is really struggling financially and health wise…we have agreed to take a large portion of the prize money to help this person who is so dear to her heart! With that type of motivation…this is our challenge to lose!
So, the plan is in motion…we have some Myoplex, some EAS protein powder and lots of healthy food!
 
~Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment